Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodby 2014-----Hello 2015

2014 has been a great year.
#1-  I made the choice to retire April 1.
Not as much sewing as I dreamed about but what I have completed has been fun.

I joined the RTW fast and only slipped a couple of times to purchase a couple of t-shirts.
Made several outfits and planned many more.  This is a sample  http://nana-ndi.blogspot.com/2014_07_20_archive.html   I am still learning how to fit myself after years of no sewing. I did not make anything other than simple things to get back into the flow.

Quilting projects were few but I did complete  Thomas(grandson)'s quilt. http://nana-ndi.blogspot.com/2014_06_22_archive.html  and pieced a quilt top that has not been finished http://nana-ndi.blogspot.com/2014_08_17_archive.html

I did make several items for the grandchildren, some Christmas gifts, and some sample quilt items for the Main Street Fabrics.

2015 will even better
Some of the sewing goals are:
--Continue the RTW fast so that I will continue my growth in garment fitting
--complete the unfinished quilt top and do some machine quilting with a design other than stitch in the ditch
--complete 1 Christmas item per month
--complete some home deco projects that have been in the planning for several years
--make 1 quilt for charity
-- make 5 children's garments for charity project
--use embroidery on a garment for me

Some personal goals:
--continue to walk 15 miles a week
--eat healthy
--drink lots of water
--enjoy life outside more, ie in the garden and yard
--volunteer some time each month to help others
--think positive thoughts
--smile
--pray and thank God for all my blessings daily

I hope that your 2014 was wonderful and that 2015 will be even better.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

1 comment:

  1. hhhmmm….well…..you've made me stop and think. Maybe I should write out some goals too. You have good ideas!!

    Happy New Year to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete

FMQ domestic machine

 I have been reading and watching  many YouTube videos on FMQ. One of the best hints I found for basting was......pin first, then between th...