Friday, January 13, 2017

First finish of 2017

work has begun on 17 ufosin 2017.

Item #9 
on the list was an outfit that I cut out for Lola (before Christmas) hoping that it would get wrapped......it will be ready for her on Monday when she comes by....maybe I can get pictures of her wearing then.....now just on hanger.

Kwik Sew 3935
size S
Riley Blake Lavender and Navy striped cotton knit
(love the feel of this knit and it sews beautiful)

Lola will soon be 11, but I make her clothes by a size 6-8
the  leggings are out of a heavier navy knit.


Quilting Class
Saturday......going to a quilting class....not sure the pattern being taught.
It's scrappy though

Never taken a quilting class....not sure that I can sew in the midst
of all the others.....my attention gets very challenged if there is something(others) to watch.

I am taking an old Singer 221 Featherweight.
I begged this off my sister.....have never sewn much on it.
Think that it really needs some service but, I am going to give it a try.

I have a small box of scraps and a yellow bag of  yardage
red bag of tools
Sure I have enough packed to make 2 or 3 quilts.
Just could not make decision.

more later when I have returned.




No comments:

Post a Comment

FMQ domestic machine

 I have been reading and watching  many YouTube videos on FMQ. One of the best hints I found for basting was......pin first, then between th...