Thursday, February 23, 2017

February Accompllishments


Sadie(dog) recovered fine from the surgery
Angela(dau) was here Monday and removed the stitches
Nurse that she is, said 4 weeks was too long for anyone to have stitches.

Sewing progress:

#5 of 17UFOsin 2017
2 of 6
Finished the grey twill pants, no picture.
Not a good pattern for me...supposed to be a skinny pattern for materials other than stretch
Seam down the center of the leg back--cute addition
Elastic waist, side pockets, no zipper(I added one)
Leg front  is very narrow...and when worn, seems to twist
not comfortable--will probably cut off for shorts to work in the garden


3 of 6
Completed Red Dress and Jacket---wore to church last Sunday....Good fit, comfortable
Made from these patterns




Progress on #1 of 17UFOsin2017

Quilt of Valor----top, back and batting complete, pressed and read to go to quilter
Have contacted the state coordinator and waiting to get names of quilters
Hoping to get this delivered next week

Other Projects
I was asked by a friend to create a prototype for a  turkey call pouch
He wants to possibly produce and sell
Fun development project---I love the challenge
These are some of the first cuts/samples
I ordered the cordura fabric and delivered him the final sample yesterday
waiting on a reply back from he and his partner to see if they need other changes

Crazy me, also volunteered to do taxes through the AARP Tax Aide program
sometimes we just lose our mind when friends ask for help
We only work Thursday from 1-4
can't wait until tax season is over
think I will not do this next year
forgot how much I hate doing taxes

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMQ domestic machine

 I have been reading and watching  many YouTube videos on FMQ. One of the best hints I found for basting was......pin first, then between th...