The white blouse I was working on for myself, almost got complete.....up to the point when the sleeves were in....tried it on...and the sleeves were too tight on the upper arm. Went back to the fabric store for more to re-cut. I was tooo late....This project is on hold until I get a few things done for the grandchildren then I will get back to it before fall and see if I can work out the sleeve issue.
Project #3 was the dresses below.
I have the Pilgrimage dresses ready for the granddaughters when they arrive at the end of March. I will get the hems done when they arrive.
|Nora Ruth's Dress|
My niece had her second daughter on Feb 15, and was wanting a big/lil sis set for the girls. Got these completed and they are in the mail.
The twins, Lola & Julian, turned 7 this week. They each wanted their own theme for birthday. I decided to make them a T-shirt and cake to match.
|Lola wanted mermaids|
|Julian wanted monster trucks|
I made this up early to practice with the colors and do a test picture to make sure that I could get it presentable.
Today was the party at the horse arena. Julian usually goes each week for his therapy and Lola has also been learning to ride. Cakes were ready and all kids got to ride the horses, had a great day!!
|Monster truck was harder because the pieces were larger and hard to move to the cake without distortion.|
|the mermaid pieces were smaller and worked better.|
|Lola is able to ride alone|
|I Did not get a good picture of Julian on the horse but he had a great birthday party with his friends.|
I will get busy this week and get Lola's Easter dress ready. I purchase Julian's and have delivered the shorts/shirt in colors that will work well with Lola's.
Then I want to get several things for the kids for summer started.
Lots to do.....