I have been very busy over the last week but not in the sewing room. I have been in the kitchen.
Mom and Sis went to a friend's house because the apples were falling green and they picked up more than they could handle. I purchased a Breville Juicer last year and quickly ran the apples through to extract the juice.
Blackberries were ready and I purchased 2 gallons @ the farmers market. For some reason, I decided to pre-cook the blackberries before putting through the juicer thinking that I would get more juice. This was a disaster.....Juicer does not work that way. I was back to the old fashion way of putting through sieve and straining..... Some times stupid just sets in.....I had run the blackberries through the juicer last year and it was a charm......
But, finally we have apple and blackberry jelly.
The blueberries are also ready. Saturday morning, Sis and I went to U-Pick @ Reese Orchard, Sessums, MS. I picked over 7 lbs. I spread them on newspaper to let the dew dry, tried to pick the stems off and bad berries out. Placed on trays to freeze. Then Sunday morning I got them vacuum sealed and placed in the freezer.
I put these up in cooking packages, some have 1 cup and some have 2 cups. Then for what ever the recipe calls for it is already measured. If they are just for eating I can use a small package.
The tomatoes in my garden boxes are now producing well.
Hope kitchen work will be slowing down and I get back in the sewing room now.