Sunday, January 11, 2015

2015 Sewing Goals

I joined the RTW(ready-to-wear) Fast in 2014.  I did well and really did not purchase but 2 t-shirts, could not pass them up for $5.

I have now formally joined the RTW Fast in 2015 with the intent to continue my goal of learning the 'fitting' process and enhancing my wardrobe with garments that are more 'ME'.  You can follow the fasters here:

RTW Fast 2015 Participant - because I'd rather sew than shop

I also joined the 2015 Stashbusting Sewalong. I like that you establish your goal's on how to use your stash.  The Sewalong goal is "Not to guilt or shame anyone but to encourage each other to use our stashes first. These are resources we already own and we want to use these investments wisely. "

Stashbusting 2015!

Here is my personal commitment.
 
I Karon, commit to using 20 pieces of stash fabric in 2015 for garment sewing. Additionally, I commit to making 5 projects out of 'stash scraps' that are currently less than 1 yd.

I am keeping a sewing diary this year because as 2014 came to a close, I could not tell you many of my sewing accomplishments.  I did blog about some of the projects but not everything.  If I participate in these 2 online communities, setting goals and linking my completed projects, maybe I will know at the end of the year what I did.

Keep me encouraged.
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi, i am new here. What a comittment... A very noble one. I no longer have time to sew garments, but i dabble in re-fashioning, another way to buy less ready-to wear, so i understand your wanting to make your own garments. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

FMQ domestic machine

 I have been reading and watching  many YouTube videos on FMQ. One of the best hints I found for basting was......pin first, then between th...