Sunday, January 4, 2015

Lola's Creative Adventure

Back in October, I took my granddaughter on a fabric shopping trip.  Lola is 8 years old and very artistic.  She loves clothes, color and design.

I chose the pattern, McCalls 6737 and a legging pattern Sew Sew B6005. 


The pattern was chosen because it would require 3 fabrics.  Lola was given the challenge to break out of her normal pattern and choose a completely different color.  I suggested that she look for a darker fall color.  Not her usual pink and lime green.  I also encouraged her to not choose companion fabrics.  I wanted her to hit her creative stride.  Needless to say she was in heaven.  This selection took several hours.  She would find a fabric she liked but not be able to find additional pieces to complete the pattern.  She never seemed to get bored. It was a great outing.

Now, I have finally gotten past Christmas sewing and jumped into her project.  I sewed this by a size 7 which is the smallest size in this pattern.  I hope that it will fit and she will wear a white turtleneck T under it.  The leggings are a size 4.  I had used the legging pattern before and knew that it was large.

She has not seen it and probably has temporarily forgotten about it.  Lola should be by here on Monday to pick it up.  I think that she will be very pleased with her new outfit.  She did end up with lime leggings but only because we only had a choice of orange and lime green knit to match. We both agreed that we did not want orange.

I think that she did an excellent job for her first creative adventure.

 
 
The outfit below is also for Lola.  It was made from the same See Sew.  I had this almost finished in October when I packed everything away to hit the Christmas list. This is just a knit print that was in the stash and I purchased the chocolate brown for the leggings. 

 
 
This is a good start for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMQ domestic machine

 I have been reading and watching  many YouTube videos on FMQ. One of the best hints I found for basting was......pin first, then between th...