Wednesday, July 12, 2017

log cabin

17UFO in 2017 project #12

basket of strips for quilt

The fabric for this project was purchased Aug. 2016 from Stitch and Frame, when I attended the Old Man River quilt show in Vicksburg, MS.  Almost time for another quilt show.....I was reminded when... I called today to order more of the brown fabric needed for the setting triangles.

The pattern sheet above was title Spice Market and is done in all brown.  As you see, brown is not my color and not sure just how the layout will be.


I wanted to enlarge the quilt, and you can see the stack of 80+ squares.


I started on the design wall but it is not going to be large enough, will move to the den floor when the extra material arrives.  Thinking I may add some random squares....or may find other interesting patterns when I get them all on the floor.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I love this pattern. I hope you share more of your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These housetop/log cabin blocks are so interesting. Love the fabric combinations. The bit of black/navy really makes them shine.

    ReplyDelete

FMQ domestic machine

 I have been reading and watching  many YouTube videos on FMQ. One of the best hints I found for basting was......pin first, then between th...