Friday, July 26, 2019

Back design

I love to do some  design on tht  back of quilts.  It helps use up scraps and sometimes lets me try a new pattern.  I have had this one on the to so list for a couple of years.

From Love of Quilting, September/October 2018.

Pattern is called  "First  Heartbeat ".


After I got the quilt  top ready,


I immediately pulled the magazine and begun calculating how many pieces  of each size needed to enlarge this from just two heartbeats  to three and also increase the width to fit my twin size quilt top.

I did some strip piecing and lots of pressing

Putting this together  in rows then sections.



The remaining will be the solid  wine color.

Hope to have this ready to sandwich next week

2 comments:

  1. 😉 lots of work for a backing! It'll be a reversible quilt!! Can't wait to see it together 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool - I look forward to seeing how it looks when finished!

    ReplyDelete

FMQ domestic machine

 I have been reading and watching  many YouTube videos on FMQ. One of the best hints I found for basting was......pin first, then between th...